Advanced Search

500 EUR to 3,500,000 EUR

We found 0 results. View results
Advanced Search

500 EUR to 3,500,000 EUR

we found 0 results
Your search results

Legal requirements to move to Spain


European Union citizens can freely enter, exit, travel and remain in Spain, and are not obliged to fulfil any residence requirements in order to live or stay in Spain for any longer than three months. Once you have lived in Spain for more than 3 months, you are no longer considered a tourist and should apply for a residence permit. The residence card is not required anymore following the incorporation of Spain into the European Union. Notwithstanding, you may register as a resident in Spain if you intend to reside there for a long period of time. Registration as a Spanish resident is strongly advisable as this will entitle you to get some tax benefits. In order to obtain your residency, you have to apply at the nearest police station (Comisaría de Policía). Once you have provided all documents required you are given a document showing you have registered as a resident, and this can be used in place of the residence card.

Non EU-residents need to apply for a residence permit to live in Spain. Please ask our experts for more information about legal requirements for resident permits for non-EU citizens.


Book a free consultation in the Fides Factum

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Phone

    Your Message

    Compare Listings